The e-filing portal of the Income Tax will not be available from 1st June to 6th June for the preparation of the new Income Tax Portal. The new income tax portal will be launched on 7th June 2021. The Income Tax Department is launching new e-filing portal to provide convenient and modern seamless experience to taxpayers.
What are the objectives of new e-filing portal?
1. Quick Refunds:
The new portal is completely a taxpayer friendly portal. This portal is integrated with immediate processing of ITRs (Income Tax Returns) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers.
2. Single Dashboard:
All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by taxpayer;
3. Free ITR Preparation Software:
Free of cost ITR preparation software available online and offline with interactive questions to help taxpayers fill ITR even without any tax knowledge, with prefilling, for minimizing data entry effort;
4. Taxpayer Assistance Center:
New call center for taxpayer assistance for immediate answers to taxpayer queries with FAQs, Tutorials, Videos and chatbot/live agent;
5. Mobile based application:
All key portal functions on desktop will be available on Mobile App which will be enabled subsequently for full anytime access on mobile network;
6. Online Tax Payment System:
New online tax payment system on new portal will be enabled subsequently with multiple new payment options using net banking, UPI, Credit Card and RTGS/NEFT from any account of taxpayer in any bank, for easy payment of taxes.
In order to avoid any inconvenience to taxpayers, the department has taken following caution;
- The Department will not fix any compliance dates during this period.
- Further, directions have been issued to fix hearing of cases or compliances only from 10th June, 2021 onwards, to give taxpayers time to respond on the new system.
- If, any hearing or compliance which requires submissions online has been scheduled during this period, the same will be preponed or adjourned and the work items would be rescheduled after this period.
- The Department has also intimated external entities including Banks, MCA, GSTN, DPIIT, CBIC, GeM, DGFT who avail services of PAN verification etc. about the non-availability of the services and to request them to make arrangements to ensure that their customers/stakeholders are apprised, so that any relevant activity can be completed prior to or after the blackout period.
- Taxpayers are encouraged to complete all their urgent tasks involving any submission, upload or downloads before 1st June, 2021 to avoid any difficulty during the blackout period.
This is another initiative by CBDT towards providing ease of compliance to its taxpayers and other stakeholders.