The Senior Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Ajit Pawar, announces the concession in stamp duty for women. To boost women empowerment and to enhance women activism the government used symbolism of International Women's Day to announce a slew of other schemes aimed at women in the budget.
Conditions to avail this concession
Following are the conditions to claim this benefit
· The concession can be taken only with respect to property.
· The property should be situated at Maharashtra only, as Maharashtra government announced the same.
· The transfer of property or registration of sale deed should be in the name of women only
· If there are joint owners, then all the owners in the property should be women only. If any man owner involves in the joint ownership of property then the concession will be refrained.
· The concession can be avail from 1st April 2021 onwards.
Checkout the below image to know the foremost highlights of concession in stamp duty for women;
Rate of Concession
The government proposed concession of 1% in stamp duty rate over the prevailing rate exclusively for women.
For example, if the normal rate of stamp duty is 4% then women will be liable to pay stamp duty at the rate of 3% (4% - 1% = 3%) only.
Check out the recent stamp duty rates and registration charges for more reference in below table;